Your support is essential to us
Battle Against Tranquillisers receives no government funding. We rely solely on the generosity of individuals and charitable trusts who dedicate their time to supporting us in helping people who desperately want to change their lives. Sheer willpower is not enough for those struggling with benzodiazepines addition, they need therapy and support by trained dedicated staff.
Charitable foundations and trusts can help us secure the future delivery of our services and fund our life-changing work.
Your support will enable us to:
- Support our beneficiaries through withdrawal from prescribed drug dependency to be free or reduce medical to be able to cope with every day activities.
- Facilitate six support groups held at hospitals in the surrounding areas by the end of 2021, and to continue growing into other counties.
- grow our services to other areas in the UK within the next three years through our peer to peer support groups.
- Enable individuals who are recovering from dependency to take control of their own lives, to be empowered and to be active in their community through our Therapy 300 programme.
- Provide fulfilling and worthwhile volunteering opportunities for our client groups.
- Provide a bespoke support service to students at universities, colleges and the wider community who want to be dependence free from benzodiazepines and other similar drugs by 2021.
- Promote awareness of the harm of buying benzodiazepines and other similar drugs from the internet to colleges, companies and the wider community.
- Be the ‘go-to’ organisation for training and expert knowledge of the effects of benzodiazepines and other similar drugs by the health professionals and practitioners.
- Be innovators of supporting individuals affected by prescribed drug dependence and withdrawal through support groups, to offer one to one counselling, by telephone, in person and online through the UK by 2023.
To find out more about how we can work together, have a chat over coffee with our CEO on 0117 9663629